Dion Label Printing consistently implements strategies to reduce our environmental footprint.
The following are some of the steps Dion has taken toward a better, cleaner and healthier tomorrow. We cannot change this world in one day, but day by day we can help change this world for the better.
Lean & Green Eco-Friendly Processes
- Digital printing reduces waste tremendously. Setup waste is nearly 250-500 ft per color setup on a flexographic press. On the digital press, it’s merely 0-80 ft to setup all colors.
- Dion offers water soluble adhesives which allow labels to be washed off their containers, so the recycling process for containers is much simpler.
- Water-based, solvent-free inks are used in most conventional printing operations.
- Dion offers a variety of eco-friendly material ranging from various levels of post-consumer paper, "tree-free" paper, and biodegradable films.
- Dion offers bulk shipping for those customers who are willing to mix items within their shipping containers, allowing us to cut back on boxes and shipping paper.
- Reporting is mostly done utilizing PDF documents, rather than printing reports daily.
- Digital stock is coated using 100% renewable energy, including wind power.
- To maintain health and safety internally, Dion has a safety committee.
- Energy efficient lighting is located throughout the entire building.
- A productivity management board (made up of Dion employees representing all departments) oversees company processes and implements methods to reduce waste, increase efficiency and promote sustainability.